Timothy Antonio Washington Jr.

Left and Center: Timothy circa, 1992

Right: Age Progressed to age 18

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: September 11, 1992

Missing From: Baltimore, Baltimore County, Maryland

Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Date Of Birth: January 22, 1985

Age: 7 years old

Height and Weight: 4’5″ and 55 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: African American Male, Black hair, Brown eyes, Timothy has a speech impediment and his nickname is “Timmy”

Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black sweat jacket with pink and red prints, a pair of light blue sweatpants or sweat shorts with yellow/white stripes, and black Nike sneakers

NCMEC Number: 772638

Details of Disappearance

Timothy was allegedly abducted from Baltimore, Maryland on September 11th 1992. He was reportedly last seen at his aunts home at a housing project known as the Lafayette High Rise Apartment Complex. The complex is located in the 1000 block of Orleans Street. Timothy was reportedly playing with friends on the 3rd floor of the building, he walked downstairs to get a frozen cup but never returned.

Timothy has never been seen or heard from since. On October 1st, Timothy’s mother received a phone call from her former boyfriend, Keith M. Garrett, who claimed he had the boy and would harm him if she didn’t give him custody of his daughter. Her name was Kecia and she was Timothy’s half-sister at the time of his abduction.

Timothy and Kecia were being watched by their aunt at the time of the abduction. Garrett was arrested later in October and was charged with kidnapping Timothy and also with extortion charges. The kidnapping charge was later dropped but he plead guilty to extortion in 1993.

Apparently, Garrett had come to the apartments to simply pick up Kecia but also took Timothy with him. He went to his home in the 700 block of Edgewood St. and left Kecia there. A witness saw him and Timothy walking towards Leakin Park. This is the last confirmed sighting of Timothy.

A short time after the initial sighting, another witness observed Garrett leaving his home with a duffel bag towards the park. He emerged from the woods about an hour after that without the object. In December of 2003, Garrett was arrested as charged with kidnapping and murdering Timothy. He was already in a state prison for violation of his probation at the time.

There was a large amount of evidence which proves he likely caused the boys death and was involved in his disappearance. The witness statements along with a confession are among these pieces of evidence. An inmate who was incarcerated with Garrett told investigators that he confessed to his murder. He stated that he abducted the boy, taped his mouth shut, and left him in a shed in Leakin Park. He returned later to find the child deceased.

In May of 2006, Garrett entered an Alford plea in connection to second degree murder charges in Timothy’s death. The Alford plea means that Garrett won’t admit he killed the child but admitted there was a sufficient amount of evidence to be convicted of the crime. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison. He did not reveal where the child’s body is located. He apparently had no remorse for the horrific crime he committed against Timothy.

Investigators made various and extensive efforts in order to locate Timothy’s remains but was unable to. His mother, Anne Green, hopes he may reveal where her son is buried so she can give him a proper funeral. She held a memorial service for him after the conviction.

Timothy has never been located but foul play is suspected. The investigation into his disappearance was closed in 2010.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Baltimore Police Department 410-396-2335

Source Information

For The Lost (Jahi)

The Charley Project

The Baltimore Sun

The Baltimore Sun