Alexander Sol Olive

Left: Alexander circa, 1985

Right: Age Progressed to age 25

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: November 9, 1985

Missing From: South Lake Tahoe, El Dorado County, California

Classification: Endangered Missing

Date Of Birth: May 16, 1981

Age: 4 years old

Height and Weight: 4’0″ and 35 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Biracial Male; Alexander is African American and Caucasian, Red/Auburn hair, Brown eyes, Alexander has scars on his outside left calf, the right corner of his mouth, and scars around his ankles, Alexander might use the name “Salaam Alexander Roberson” which is what his father refers to him as

NCMEC Number: 603385

Details of Disappearance

Alexander was last seen on November 9th 1985 in South Lake Tahoe, California. He was abducted by his non-custodial father, Ulysses H. Robertson, from San Francisco, California. In December of that year, his mother, Rosemary Olive went to Ulysses home in South Lake Tahoe to get the current whereabouts of her son.

Despite her demands, Ulysses refused to divulge where Alexander was at that time. He also assaulted Rosemary and broke her jaw. He was arrested following the assault in Los Angeles, California. He told the officer whom arrested him that he did not know the whereabouts of his son. He speculated that he was with relatives of Rosemarys in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Ulysses was convicted of the assault against Rosemary and was sentenced to 1 year in prison. Rosemary also won a court order seeking Alexander to her custody. Alexander was never located and was never seen again.

Authorities suspect that Ulysses is responsible for whatever happened to Alexander after his abduction. Ulysses lured many young women into horrid and abusive relationships throughout the years and the press describes him as a “cult-like figure”. He would advertise himself as an astrologer and promised horoscopes to his victims. He would often use drugs or alcohol to lure them.

Ulysses was later convicted of sexually raping a young girl and abusing a young boy in Washington after Alexander’s disappearance. While investigators believed that Ulysses was responsible for Alexander’s disappearance, they never had any evidence to prove his involvement in the boys presumed murder.

Authorities believe that based on witness statements and testimonies from two of his former girlfriends, Ulysses constantly abused Alexander preceding his disappearance and that the abuse was the direct cause of the boys death. One of his former girlfriends, Pamalar Lewis, claimed in 1997 that Ulysses beat the child with a piece of flat wood after his disappearance and said that Alexander had hidden in the garage but that Ulysses found him after.

She stated the child looked beaten and nearly dead. While investigators believed that the man was responsible for the child’s death, Lewis’s story could not be backed up with evidence. In 2001, another former girlfriend, Raj Roberson, testified that she witnessed Ulysses beat and abuse Alexander later in the year 1985 and saw his lifeless body float in a bathtub. She also stated that Ulysses forced her into his van and loaded Alexander’s remains into it.

Raj was ordered by him to close her eyes on the ride and that she would be killed if she opened them at all. She vividly remembers the ride but did remember that he stopped near a body of water in South Lake Tahoe. He continued to drive another 2-3 hours before stopping at a remote location in California or possibly Nevada. Authorities suspect that he buried the child’s body in this area.

Authorities found blood on clothing in Ulysses van in 1986 and in 2001, the blood was matched to Alexander’s DNA. He was charged with Alexander’s murder in October of 2001. At his preliminary hearing, his other children made claims of physical abuse and mostly Alexander because he was biracial, small, and often soiled himself.

Ulysses was not tried for the murder of his son until the fall of 2009. He was charged with 1st degree murder with special circumstances of torture and racial bias. He maintained his innocence in his sons case and witnesses came forward to his legal team and stated that Alexander was still alive after the time he was allegedly killed.

Ulysses was convicted of 2nd degree murder in December of 2009. The Jury believed that he had murdered his son but that it was not premeditated. He was sentenced to 15 years to life imprisonment. He would’ve served without a chance of parole had he been convicted of 1st degree murder.

Alexander’s remains have never been located but authorities continue to search for him and his mother has kept a low profile and is rebuilding her life.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

South Lake Tahoe Police Department 916-573-2100

Source Information

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

The Charley Project

The Doe Network